Thursday, January 22, 2009

karin eriksson : artists who blog

I am delighted to have Swedish ceramic artist Karin Eriksson as my guest today on "artists who blog". As you can see in her excellent photographs, her artwork has a unique personal style with a Scandinavian flair. A wide range of Karin's work is on view on her website, and catch up with her latest news on Karin's Style Blog. Karin shows her work internationally in galleries and boutiques, and she has work available online at Manos.





from August 1st, 2008

Why did you decide to start a blog?

I had a page on my website that I called "thoughts" on which I wrote
about thinks I like and my thoughts on this and that. My ex boyfriend
told me about blogging and it seemed like a natural development of my
thoughts page and something that I would like doing.



How has blogging affected your work as an artist/designer?


My blog is a library of my inspirations that I can go back and
browse through. It's a mirror of what's inspired and influenced me
over time and during specific periods of time. Most of all, blogging
has given me a community and feedback and a context for my work.



What are your favorite artist/designer blogs? Why?

Camilla Engman, design*sponge and port2port as they all continue to
inspire me - each in their own way.



Why do you think blogs have now become so popular with artists and designers?

It's a perfect tool for collecting your thoughts, for marketing your
work and for getting in contact with others.



Do you have any advice for artists/designers who are starting a blog?

Do it for you. Don't make it a must or a pressure. I've chosen to
let my blog evolve intuitively - like how many times a week I post,
what I write about and how long etc. There are so many ways to blog –
find the one that suits you.




What has been the most positive and inspirational aspect of having a blog for you?


All the positive feedback - without a doubt!



Thanks for sharing with us Karin, and enjoy your beautiful studio space!

No comments:

Post a Comment