Thursday, January 10, 2013

Creative Courage Soul Sisters : Part II



Our Creative Courage Soul Sisters series continues today with these amazing women:


I'm over the moon thrilled that Grace Bonney will be contributing an interview for this session. Grace is the NYC based creator and editor of Design*Sponge and author of Design*Sponge at Home. She founded the popular (and very helpful) Design*Sponge Biz Ladies series and even a Design*Sponge Scholarship for art and design students!


Grace has been featured in The New York Times, on The Martha Stewart Show, and on Good Morning America to name a few. I particularly love Grace's radio podcast series called After the Jump. In this series, Grace shares interviews with leading artists and designers, as well as her own personal experiences. One of my favorite podcasts from the series is Grace's personal Work/Life Balance

Grace also happens to be one of the most friendly and generous design bloggers I've had the pleasure of meeting online. 

I asked Grace to share one of her creative dreams for 2013:


"My dream for 2013 is to do at least one project where I truly let go and try something that scares me. Whether I fail or succeed, I want to work towards operating from excitement and hope rather than fear or perceived safety."






Another talented guest I'm delighted to introduce is Kelly Rae Roberts, well-known mixed media artist based in Portland and author of Taking Flight: Inspiration + Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings

Kelly Rae is also the creator of the highly recommended ebook series Flying Lessons, the Hello Soul, Hello Business e-course, and has had huge success as a creative entrepreneur, self-proclaimed possibilitarian, and internationally licensed artist.

Kelly's warmth, openness, and encouraging spirit are very present on her much loved blog, and you will find an enormous array of her glowing artwork and illustrated products in her online shop.

You can also connect with Kelly Rae on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.



Helen Dardik's sense of humor and her love for life shine through in her art, illustrations, patterns - and on her very popular Orange You Lucky blog!  Helen is a Canadian illustrator and designer, born in Odessa by the Black Sea, and she also lived in Siberia and Israel before moving to Ottawa. Lately, I've been trying to convince her to come visit in Berlin - she is also a fan of the Berlin movie "Run, Lola, Run!"

Helen is represented by the illustrious Lilla Rogers Studio, and runs a beautiful, busy online shop called Orange Studio, full of her whimsical, joyful prints. She's also mom to 3 little girls, and you have to wonder how on earth she has so much energy to keep up with it all, wow!

You can view Helen's lovely illustration portfolio on her website, and visit her on Twitter and Pinterest.




Cynthia Morris is another true traveling soul sister and writer, creativity coach, consultant, mentor, and author of the recently published, Paris based novel Chasing Sylvia Beach

Cynthia loves to travel around Europe as much as I do and describes herself as a "creative nomad."  She leads writing workshops internationally and was a recent speaker at the famous World Domination Summit in Portland.

What does Cynthia have planned for 2013?

"My creative dream for 2013 is to focus on my art. I plan to take what I've been doing in my journals to the next step: work in larger format, showing my journals in videos and develop other art projects. I hope to become a better painter and illustrator and discover a whole new adventure for myself."

Get in touch with Cynthia on her Original Impulse website and read more about her new novel here.



Super talented, prolific artist Julia Rothman is another of our Creative Courage contributors this session! 

Julia is a much sought after illustrator, designer, and the author/illustrator of several books, including: Drawn InThe Exquisite Book: 100 Artists Play a Collaborative GameFarm Anatomy, and most recently The Where, The Why, and the How: 75 Artist Illustrate Wondrous Mysteries of Science

She is co-creator of Also Design, a company which designs unique and beautiful websites, logos, animation, and print projects. Julia's many clients include Chronicle Books, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Target, Crate & Barrel, and countless others.

Julia also keeps a popular book blog called Book By Its Cover, where she reviews her favorite gorgeous books and art related publications.

She also enjoys "going on walks with her terrier Rudy, playing Boggle on the iPhone, and rating Bloody Marys on a scale from 1-10."

See Julia's incredible illustration portfolio here, and connect with her on Twitter.



Alicia Bock grew up in Michigan and Florida, surrounded by water and color, which has influenced her work as a professional and fine art photographer. Alicia also describes herself as a traveler and dreamer.

She is also a poetic blogger and she writes: "My photography is the search of light and shadows, pretty things in pink, the feeling of the ocean, and a blue moon. I strive to create photographs that evoke memories of our favorite days." Gorgeous.

Alicia runs a popular Etsy online shop featuring fine art photographs "from Paris to the seaside."

Connect with Alicia on her blog, view her lovely print gallery, and join her on Facebook, and on Twitter

*****

When I put together these Creative Courage Soul Sister posts, I can hardly believe myself that I am lucky enough to interview all of these incredible women. 

I am awed and inspired by all they do, and I'm simply delighted that they've agreed to share their time and thoughts with us at Creative Courage.

I'm sending out another round of warm, grateful hugs to all of my creative courageous soul sisters - thank you!!

Wouldn't you like to join us on January 28th, as we start another fun, festive, colorful, motivating session to begin our year full of joyful, creative spirit?

I hope you'll come over to Creative Courage today, feel inspired, and join us here.

I'm sending you giant hugs from Berlin today too!

xoxo

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment